Axiom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. -MLK

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister

Flavor of Freedom [Part I]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dominatron

Dominatron

Character Sheet
Name:
Species:
Current Location:

Flavor of Freedom [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Flavor of Freedom [Part I]   Flavor of Freedom [Part I] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Flavor of Freedom [Part I] 640x3010

Yuris was an odd place to end up in the Caesid system, its walls were always brimming with people yet not a single being could call the moon their home.   Nestled between Roshoq and Endrata, the only pit stop located on this small chunk of space rock was built as a massive ship port surrounded by a half ring of businesses and trade - called Septi.  There is a large disadvantage for most private merchants to set up shop here however, since the proximity to Roshoq allows for Primus rules on commerce.  Living further out of reach and under the cloak of  dark markets is more profitable, even if it is more dangerous.   As powerful as the Militari is, they only have so many hands.  Much to their chagrin, there are far more criminals these days than soldiers.

Septi has a very low consistent population and only those who actually operate the port itself seem to live there.   A large portion of the homes originally built for colonization now sit empty, boarded up and filled with dust and old memories.  

It can get confusing to travel the small streets because even though the entire city is slanted up to create a wall of protection, it is next to impossible to sense the slope of the hill when standing anywhere on it.  Even at the very top it feels as though you are standing on straight ground.   So they say.  There is much mystery around the entire planet and most travelers don't stick around long enough to understand it.

Hotep and the 'undercova brothas', as he referred to his new guests since he felt a nagging feeling that they were hiding something, sailed through the vehicle depot until they stopped at the edge of a cluster of abandoned buildings.  Sal and his crew were blindfolded before led through a series of labyrinth directions and into a dark building.  The familiar sound of a hatch opening was stifled in the small space and they were nudged to descend a cold metallic ladder into what they later learned was a long metal bomb shelter.

When their eyes were unclothed they stood amongst the same  men that had guarded Hotep in the ship.  Or perhaps they were guarding their cargo.

On one end of the shelter a large table hummed softly, lights from its console projecting images a top the surface in organized patterns.

Flavor of Freedom [Part I] Tech_e10

"Thanks to this moon, we're in close proximity to the main Tevaret trade routes.  We're on Yuris if you hadn't already guessed.  Few moons are safe enough for a base, there so much confusion surrounding this dirt pile that people spend more time getting lost in her streets than finding our whereabouts."

Hotep clicked his tongue and a small chimp burst out from one of the rooms off the main bunker.  He scamped up Hotep's leg and settled in the crook of his arm, slinging one long arm around his neck.

"Tevaret is the most dangerous mineral on the market now and you know why?  Because everyone seems willing to kill their own mother over the stuff."  He pursed his lips and pulled up a holo image of what looked like barges crossing between Endrata and Roshoq.

"These are transports filled with Tevaret.  They travel to Bothi from Endrata and then the Militari uses it to develop their righteous army of death.  Those ships you saw going down, the Militari is blasting every rebel stronghold out of the sky, along with anyone trying to get into the Tevaret transports.  This whole war is a mess and don't even get me started on those Kanaaji.  They've all but aggravated the Militari, and we're paying for it."  

Hotep slumped over the console and then pushed himself off with his hands, turning to face them as his chimp wandered around the bunker.  "Aside from the obvious problems, there's something we can do.  Arm the people and begin building an army.  I don't trust Militari dogs, and I certainly don't trust the Primus to look after us when the Kanaaj come knocking on Caesid's door.

I have a contact on Endrata who can get us aboard one of the transports.  If we reroute it and wayfare to Analuna before getting caught, we have a manufacturing plant that will take the Tevaret and make weapons if we share the supply.  Now I know this all sounds easy but we have a few problems.  Number one is getting to Endrata without being noticed, number two is getting on the ships, and number three is getting away from the main fleet and safetly into Analuna with no damaged product.  Tevaret is brittle you know."

Hotep looked amongst them.  "Smuggling medical supplies is no easy task, hope you're up for a bigger challenge.  Start thinking boys, we need to get on Endrata and security is tight, even for warfaring."
Back to top Go down
https://axiomrp.rpg-board.net

Flavor of Freedom [Part I]
Page 1 of 1