Axiom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. -MLK

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister

Exit Koda [Part I]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet
Name: Jette Wilde
Species: Human [Cerunian]
Current Location: Lost in Space

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:09 am

[Historical Thread]
"Koda Shae, you've been assigned the Pataevum system. There you will aid the Cerunian Security Division in finding and dissembling an enemy detonation system. Report to duty in Hanger V, you'll be supplied provisions as necessary."

"Yes Sir."

----
7 Years into the war and hardly any assignment I had received was what they said it would be. Upon sending me to Cerun there would be a last minute itinerary change as soon as the ship entered Pataevum. We were then 'just making a stop' on an unknown moon. Little did we know that as soon as we landed we would be bombarded by Kanaaji. Our missions were always shrouded in mystery about where we were going and what we were doing. That was in fact military life. We lived simply just to do our duty.  No questions allowed.  If you hesitated you got a bullet in the brain. The secrecy was maddening, the pulling of strings made it all a game.

This was my fifth deployment and it had been a long time since I was back to the Pataevum system. The landscape was still the same, speckled with casualties of war. I wanted to be a casualty.  I thought about the family I hadn't seen in years. They probably weren't alive anymore.  That was for the best anyways..

"Prepare to drop, kids."

Next to me was an explosive called the LTS Hawkeye VIII. Experimental weaponry funded by greedy Cerunian arms manufacturers who had their hands in Militari pockets.  They were all pocket divers, the whole thing sickened me.

I was to disarm one bomb and plant another, one the enemy couldn't disarm with their own tech. Typical Roshoqans. They were more than willing to sacrifice the people they hired. We were all expendable to them. No surprise there. I was keen on dying those days.  It was like they were reading my mind - or influencing it.

"Ready to drop.  5..4..3..2.. Drop."

We were expelled out the back of the ship as soon as we got close.  The wind whipped by my helmet without a sound and the quiet was a peaceful change from the gloom of plummeting into an unknown territory.

Landing was easy this time, winds close to the surface were low and the night was still.  This planet was covered in forest and the atmosphere was thick as tar.  I looked around at my comrades, a new team I was not familiar with.  That put me on edge, I didn't know who I was working with or who I could count on. Camaraderie was no guarantee of trust though.  Anyone can be indoctrinated against their will to turn on you, the Militari had ways of making people think their thoughts were their own.

Our mission was clear.  Rendezvous at Site A, Infiltrate Site B, and then wait for further instruction.  This was all just a big laugh for them.  The truth is they were scum, and something would some day be done about it.  

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:31 am

Beads of perspiration collected on the inside of our suits as we crawled through the foliage.  Every movement was bogged down, every breath felt more like choking on water than taking in air.  My energy was sapped already since breaking ground, but my orders urged me on.

To stay concealed we took an extraordinary amount of time traveling through the lush wilderness.   We scanned the landscape in search of patterns and clues that might give us a sense of how to best go undetected.  Step lightly, deliberately, and most of all recognize the magnitude of one's impact on the environment.  There were eyes under every leaf, in every hole, staring down at us from every canopy.  The animals could play tattle tale with us, they might have given us away if we weren't careful.

Patience was not just a virtue in our business, but a life line.  Communications tech so small and embedded in the brain guided us to our destination - a research facility buried deep in the thicket and half underground.  

Strange birds squawked in the distance, creatures I had never heard of lurked in the shadows I was sure, but there were bigger threats to us at that time.  I looked into the faces of the others, but their reactions gave nothing away.

Our Major made two hand signals, instructing us to fan out into a horseshoe pattern around the entrance of the facility, while a handful made their way to the back.  I crouched and worked my way silently through the ferns into my position and waited - as commanded.

Moments later, the hum of a small transport ship whizzed from over the tree tops and settled down on the large open space before the entrance.  When the ramp touched the ground, a group of five Kanaaji descended.

Immediately we all heard from our ear comms "Target has been sighted, fire at will."

I stayed put while the gunners of our team rained down on the shuttle from the forested ridge that surrounded the facility.  Soldiers shot at the passengers who returned fire in quick response.  

The ambush was an unexpected turn in the mission. Something was very wrong.

I only had milliseconds to process what was happening before I felt the touch of a cold blaster barrel against the side of my skull.  I didn't need to turn my head to know that the wielder was in fact my Major.

"Report to duty Koda."

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 11:35 pm

"Out of all the untrustworthy snakes on our team Major, l didn't know you were one."

He yanked me by the elbow and threw me down the hill towards the facility.  At gun point, my other squad mates were led in the same direction.  The forest around us groaned; trees bending, birds calling, the occasional rustle of leaves and the wind between the ferns.  I let my mind play with the sounds as we were led down the slope. If these were my sweet last moments I wanted to breathe in every detail.

I kept quiet, listened carefully and watched for an opportunity to turn the tables.  Even if I died today someone would find out what was going on, Someone would stop him.  Right?  Who would avenge me?  No one even knew I was there.

"Is this a sell off to the enemy? You could have included me in this part of the mission, I might have cooperated."

Partway down the hill he grabbed my hair and shoved the gun against my cheek, pressing his mouth against my ear. "Have l taught you nothing? Speak again and l'll paint the forest with your brains."

The Kanaaji whispered among themselves as we passed.  One of them met my gaze and held it steady until I was pushed towards a series of blinking devices on a set of double doors.  A new toy.  Trouble was I didn't recognize the tech, it was obviously not Militari. Nor was it Ceruniun... or Eirenian.  Could it be Kanaaji?  But why not get one of their experts to do this?

Now I was really confused.

A final shove sent me flying towards the rigged door and I stopped just short of it, the smell of oil and metal welcoming me.  "Disarm it."

"Who designed this piece of crap? I don't work with tech that I'm not familiar with."

"You're not here to pass judgment Koda, figure it out."

Being told what to do had worn thin over the years.  For a moment I saw red and felt like detonating it just to end this miserable experience. I examined the wiring until it fit together in my head. When the blinking on the front case stopped, a loud cranking noise broke the death long silence. Everyone around me seemed to take a collective breath and the two Kanaaji next to me opened the huge double doors via an outside security terminal.

Arms pushed me to the side and a gun barrel prodded me in the back. What was left of our team was forced to enter the dark building.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 10:57 am

The interior's smell reminded me of old, crumbled concrete. The scent of dust and metal grew stronger as we traveled towards an elevator chute. I tried to look through the dark but when I did, the light from a small handheld flasher blinded me. They didn't want us to see.

The elevator was small and suffocating, clouds of dust whipped into the air as the lift mechanism squeaked against the pressure of us all crammed in the cage.  We sunk further into the ground and the air pressure changed, cooling my skin and popping my ears.  It only amplified the eerie feeling I had being there -  having tiny beads of sweat working like fingers into my suit.  I should have blown us all into oblivion.

The elevator stopped with a loud clunk, and then opened into a small area lined with masks and suits.  Our captors proceeded to dress themselves.

"Where are you taking us that you need those but we don't??"

My blood pressure spiked when I only got silence.

I struggled against my restraints as a small hatch door opened before us, bathing our feet in a soft green light.

It was odd, the structure in the lab we entered was a completely different design from the typical Cerunian architecture up above.  The lines, the colours, the materials - it all looked Eirenian, but the people inside were almost for sure Roshoqan. There were broken tanks against one wall and splatters of an iodine coloured fluid streaking the walls.  My stomach turned.  What had happened here?

I swung my head to see the Kanaaji's reaction but when I did they were gone.  There were five less of us, and before I could throw a fit, I was pushed towards the back of the room. Suited figures hunched over glowing green light screens and charts.  They looked up at us as we approached, and then regarded my Major in whispers.  Whatever they were doing in there was clearly illegal and most likely amoral.  But something happened then that made me forget all about my superior's betrayal.  

Creaks of metal drew our attention and before us, a brighter lit room opened to reveal huge tanks filled with a transparent liquid.  And there floating were the strangest creatures I had ever seen.

Exit Koda [Part I] Images11
Artist: "Montauk Chronicles"

Horrific, they had human features with unnatural height and what looked like electrical currents arching in the water around their bodies. They were clearly once human but not quite so.  Something else about them was painfully familiar too, but until it was pointed out I never would have guessed.

One of the suited men looked up from his work and regarded us with a casual tone that offset the darkness of that place.  "They're crossed with Kanaaji DNA.  Most of the human genes were drawn from Roshoqans, but they proved to be too weak to handle the electro-chemical physiology.  They really are a fascinating species.." He looked at us with wide eyes and a serious neutrality in his face, "we all work very hard to see the two most incredible species in the universe come together - for something better."

He gazed at us for a moment, as if inspecting with x-ray vision. "But Cerunian genes.  You've been putting electricity in your bodies for centuries.  Perhaps you'll be a crack to the code."

I had always thought Roshoqans were a few screws loose. But the look in his eyes, the intensity with which he spoke. It took crazy to a whole new level.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

"Aren't they amazing?" The researcher smiled and returned to his work as another approached our team holding a tray full of small scalpels and containers.

One of us piped up. " Don't tell me we'll end up in tanks like those poor sods!" The fear in his voice was almost too much to listen to.

"Goodness no! we've progressed beyond such primitive methods. Now we can just extract a small amount of DNA to clone you as many times as needed.  Remarkable advancements in genetics really." I found myself too lost in thought to notice his deft hands skip a scalpel across the skin of my hand. He immediately transferred the sample to a tiny vial and continued onto the next person.

"We've had a tough go at trying to stabilize human DNA for the process, but we get better every time."  He looked so proud and I almost applauded his detachment.  Still, he spoke of cloning like it were tea time with the neighbours.  They were playing with life, but was it our right? He seemed to think so.

"Why us? You could have any one's DNA"

"Not quite. You lot are a special breed of trained Cerunians. Your minds can handle increased electro-chemical activity.  You've been honed for complex thought, and best of all - obedience."

I saw red as he said it, his tongue slapping the front of his teeth as the word slithered from his mouth.

"Your superior commands you, you obey.  This is how the Militari was built, it's what makes it so successful.  Obedience."

He was right too.  I couldn't speak, I was frozen and seething inside.  That was the indoctrination no doubt.  They had gotten so far deep in me, I might as well have been strung up like a puppet.  I felt foolish in that moment, small and powerless.  Maybe my clones would be more successful than I.

I snapped out of my downward spiral when a door opened to our left, flooding the darker lab with a blue light.  "Your holding cells are.. fairly comfortable.  I believe you'll grow to like it here." His smug face contorted in a sad attempt at portraying sympathy.  Roshoqans were not skilled in playing pretend.

I thought about fighting as we were pushed towards the open door, but then felt the urge to stay quiet.  I kept tabs on my Major, watching his face and desperately searching for some hint that he was under a guise to fool the enemy.  

Exit Koda [Part I] 770max
Med Lab Hallway Final - Raj Rihal

The air was cooler on our skin in the cells and our eyes adjusted quickly to the change in light.  Unable to speak to each other, we were left to our own thoughts.  I spent my time actively recalling every detail I had noticed since our arrival, including the fact that those Kanaaji had disappeared.  I was no fan of the snakes but something inside me felt that if the Kanaaji knew what these geneticists were really doing, there would be an uproar. I sat back against the stiff cot in the corner and began my plan of escape.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:47 pm

"And here is your room.''  Should l have thanked her?  l decided against it and just stayed silent.  Fighting was rather pointless, we were outnumbered and smack dab in the middle of a clearly off record facility.  No, I had to save my energy.  

The cell was spacious for imprisonment, with not only a comfortable looking cot, but a toilet and sink cleverly designed into a nook that gave some privacy.  I didn't get it though. why did they bother staging infiltration?  They could have just told us we won a vacation to the moon.  What was this whole act?

A young woman in medical scrubs opened the door and walked right in. l had been standing in the middle of the room, not wanting to touch anything out of paranoia.  She circled me and grabbed me by the arm, nudging a chair under my legs.

"Who are you people?'' My voice, though intended to be commanding, came out with as much ferocity as a sighing kitten.  
Her eyes darted to mine but gave nothing away.  I yanked myself away liked a wounded animal when she began tying a rubber strap around my arm.

"You will need a full examination while you're here, lest you catch some un-godly condition from all the spores in the air."  Her eyes widened, I thought she must have been intending to frighten me into submission.  l made a face and then forfeited my arm.  If I disobeyed I could easily be overpowered and then who knows what they would do to me then.  My hostile side wasn't keen on my cowardice move, but I knew I had to play this smart to get out alive.

Nurse Bitch skewered me with a syringe and began sucking the life force out of me. I will admit, she moved quickly, she was in and out in no time.  She flashed a light across my eyes and then pulled the side of my mouth open so she could jam a swab against the inside of my cheek.  I yelped in protest but submitted to her, what else could I do?  It was so violating.  She probably received pleasure from being so, and because of that she would be one of the first I would kill as I escape.  I had no tolerance for those who enjoy the pain of others.

As she made for the door with her bag of tricks, I called out to her back, "The Kanaaji don't even know about this place do they.."

She stopped dead in her tracks for just a moment before resuming her leave and said nothing else.  That was all the answer I needed.

-----
Time is elusive to a prisoner.  I couldn't tell what day it was.  The buzz of activity around the station didn't cease, which made it difficult to predict when anyone slept.  To the naked eye, there didn't seem to be a lot of security.  But looks are often deceiving, and secrets lay still in every shadow.

I was lost in thought when the cell door opened and until I saw who it was, I imagined it might be lady death.  Instead, my Major walked through the door.  I said nothing at first, only sat stiffly on my cot.  He pulled a chair over to the side of the bed and sat himself down.   We locked eyes for several minutes before he spoke.

"Koda."

I interrupted him, "what exactly is going on?"

"It's complicated, and it's better if you not know much.  They're just interested in running some tests, extracting DNA and when it's over we can all go home."

Something in his face, a twitch, a shift in his eyes, something told me there was a long history behind this.

"Experiments.  Seriously?  Your own squad.  How could you?"

"You don't understand Koda.."

"I understand that I just got handed over as a lab rat.  This is a Militari operation isn't it?  They have no regard for human life, let alone Cerunians.  You think they're not going to throw you in here too?  You just wait Maj-"

I had been rambling and he cut me off as my voice rose. "Koda Stop.  You don't know what you're talking about so shut up, sit still and obey the bull!"
He left then, effectively ending our conversation.

I sat in silence and felt a stirring within me.  A memory.  Shut up, sit still, and obey the bull.  Shut up, sit still, and obey the bull.  

A flashback came to me suddenly, of a time during training when our Major had taken us on a desert mission.  He taught us a series of generic phrases that intended to hide a true message.  Shut up, sit still, and obey the bull meant this; deceive the enemy as you lie in wait for an opportunity that will present itself.

He was still on our side - of that I was mostly convinced.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 pm

It felt like ages that we were locked up.  For the first several nights I dreamed about being dissected like a pig fetus on their tables, removing my organs and replacing every one of them with devices that ticked in sync, like primitive explosives from a world now dead. In my dreams they stuffed me to the gills with things that threatened to rip me limb from limb.  In reality, they had done nothing except draw blood and collect tissue samples.  Ironically I began to feel safer in their prison than I did in my own mind.  

I saw the others, sometimes pacing in their rooms or napping restlessly.  Waiting for something to happen drew us all into an anxious stir, boredom was an enemy of man.  I was glad to have all my parts still attached, but didn't hold my breath.

Just then, the door opened and in walked two guards and the researcher that had been making routine visits to poke and prod us with syringes.  His large rimmed glasses rested on the end of his sharp nose and behind them stood ice blue eyes that chilled me in the worst way.   I pushed back as the guards cornered me, but knew I couldn't escape.  They latched themselves onto my arms and dragged me from the room, urging me down past all of my comrades towards a black door.  My team looked into my face with terror, almost asking me with their eyes what was going to happen.  'I don't know' I replied with mine, I was scared.

Exit Koda [Part I] Ryanat10
Ryan Atianzar

The door opened into a room bathed in cool blue light.  It was beautiful for a moment until I lurched at the sight of a surgical table. They urged me past the table to a clear glass room.  Inside there were several shower heads jutting from the walls in a row, and smooth white tiles lined the back wall, floor and ceiling.  I was ordered to undress but I shoved back until a rifle poked into my back. There was no choice.  

The back wall lined with shower heads imposed on me, and looking into their metal faces I noticed rust forming on the hazy metal. A loud clunk resounded in the room and I then felt a tremendous stream of water hit me in the back.  It propelled me forward into the wall, my body bouncing against it painfully as I screamed in shock.  

The water was ice cold and I could barely breathe as it erupted over me in pulses, choking me.  I tried to get away from it but no matter where I ran along the wall I was pushed back towards the centre by the blast.

When I lost too much energy to fight, the stream stopped and I stood there knees trembling, skin numb from the cold, muscles aching.  My head swam and I felt dizzy, but surprisingly relaxed.  Then I ran my fingers along my skin and felt that the water wasn't water at all but a transparent liquid that resembled slime.  What the hell is this?  I dry heaved at the sensation of it covering my whole body and turned my head in search of someone to give me answers.  Before I could speak, a wave of fatigue hit me and my body went limp as I lost consciousness.

-----
Exit Koda [Part I] Playin10
Artist Unknown:  Contact If Yours

I awoke to the sound of the heart monitor bleeping and opened my eyes to all the sounds and smells.  I was laying down on a soft surface, like a bed.  The clothes I was in before were gone and replacing them was a medical gown with the back exposed.  They had positioned me laying face down on my stomach with my hands and feet bound apart to the sides of the bed.  My head was strapped down so that my face rested in a cushioned ring and when I finally opened my eyes all I could see was the grey colour of the flooring.  

I didn't move as I heard voices near by.  They approached and I could feel them prodding at the base of my spine.  

"The implant has been stable for four days now, how do you want to proceed?"

A long pause passed before there was a response.  "I don't want any mistakes this time, be sure she is ready before we start insemination."

Insemination??

My heart rate spiked and it caught the attention of the medics.

"Sir the patient is awake."

"Well don't just stand there, put her under!  How could you have gotten the dosage wrong?"

Seconds later the voices faded once more, despite my fighting to stay conscious.  Before I knew it, all went dark.

-----

"Koda, I'm here to take blood.  Do stay still or this might hurt quite a bit."  It was Nurse Bitch again poking me in the arm with her needle of death.

My eyes opened into slits so I could see her and my voice croaked, likely from not speaking for some time.  "Do you really enjoy this job?  You can't possibly be here by choice."

Her eyes shot at me and for a split second I thought I saw a look of pain in her face.  But it was gone and I assured myself she felt no empathy for me - believing this would make it easier for me to kill her later.

"I'm going to kill you Nurse Bitch, you and your creepy scientist friends."  She made a noise that I understood to be a scoff in disbelief, and left the room.  I watched the door slide shut behind her and then laid back with my head on the pillow.  

I took a deep breath then, but then felt something very strange about my body.  Then I saw it as I looked down towards my feet.   There, tenting the bed sheet in a visible dome was my distended belly.  A disgusted scream ripped from my mouth and I kicked off the sheets, rising from the bed.  I looked as if I was three months pregnant.  

I flew to the transparent wall searching for Nurse Bitch.  "What the FUCK did you put inside of me?  How long was I out for?  Fuck this place!!"  I sat down and then stood up, and then paced some more and sat down again in a panic.  I quieted myself and touched my belly, trying to feel for whatever was inside.  One of those creepy geneticists had stuck their dick in me!  Swallowing a horrible taste in my mouth, I realized that the creature inside me almost certainly was not human.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 4:45 pm

My body was no longer my own.  Bed sheets were my friends in waking hours, hiding my unwanted child from the sharp knives and needles outside our room.  I was angry at the baby for existing, and then felt complete self hate for feeling this way.  It was horrible for us both, we were companions in this sick game of life and death.

I pictured her with the face of a human,  some part of me just couldn't even comprehend the possibility that human and Kanaaji DNA would ever harmonize.  It would surely be an abomination and if given the chance, I made the conscious decision to take it's life.  No one should be born into this world as an experiment, even a monster.  

My belly grew bigger at a frightening rate.  At night I could feel the skin of my midsection stretching, and long dark strips marked my complexion.  For awhile the thing inside me was silent and motionless and many times I prayed myself to sleep that the next morning when I woke up it would be dead.  It wasn't until the first unmistakable kidney jabs that I began to really accept that it was living and well.   I had continuous nightmares of it eating me from the inside out, bursting from my belly and leaving me to rot in that prison.  Needless to say I didn't sleep too well.

One day when I had stuffed myself anxiously into a corner of the cell, Nurse Bitch came in holding a clip board and seated herself in the single chair.  At first she said nothing and just looked at me, taking notes.  My blood immediately began to boil and I saw red.  

"And what are you writing there?"  I spat the comment at her with a sharp tongue.

"You seem to be experiencing stress Koda, why is that?"

A sound like a barking clap escaped my throat in response, completely incredulous.  

"Are you really asking me that?  You kidnap me, poke and prod, implant things in me and you really can't see how I might be a little on edge?"

"You have everything you need here, and we have not harmed you.  The experimentation, while invasive, is not intended to cause you discomfo-"

My temper shot sky high and I interrupted her as I rose to my feet, stabilizing myself with the enlarged belly. "Oh I am experiencing extreme discomfort.  You've taken me against my will, you raped me!"  

My voice rose in pitch and got stuck in my throat, making it painful to swallow.  The rage I felt was so intense, it crippled me suddenly with a headache.  I stumbled to the bed and sagged into it, rubbing my temples.

Her pen danced on the clipboard furiously as she took notes and I barked once more at her, "are you even listening to me?"

"Oh yes I've taken detailed notes." Sometimes I thought she was acting serious to mess with my mind, other times I really wondered about her.  "Is there anything we can do to make your stay here more.. comfortable?"

I was taken aback by her question, and then felt infuriated.  With eyes locked on hers I spoke slowly and deliberately. "Get this thing out of me and get me as far away from this place as possible.  Think you can do that?"

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to anger her.  But she sure had me fuming.  Her forced bizarre smile was like a punch in the gut, after which she rose and pulled out a device to measure my blood pressure.  I stared at the wall ahead with a visible scowl on my face as she strapped the device to my arm.

We sat silently. I pretended she didn't exist and she made extra effort to make sure everything she did caused me some sort of pain.  I was about to make a snide comment about her abilities as a nurse when the room went dark and a red light in the hallway began to pulse.  Armed guards fled down the hall in one direction, including the guard that was positioned in front of my cell.  Nurse Bitch sped up her task, changing out several syringes filled with blood.  

This was my opportunity and I took it.

Despite the drugged haze I felt, I was still a skilled soldier compared to her.  I yanked out the syringe from my arm and thrust it into her chest, at which she fought to push away from me.  A second later I had grabbed the bed sheet and managed to wrap it around her head and neck twice.  Working around the large belly was almost impossible, but I feared for my life these days.  She threw her arms out trying to reach me but I pulled her neck back with the sheet and dragged her to the toilet. Forcing her head into the toilet water, I held her there with the weight of my body until she stopped thrashing and shut down on the toilet.

I didn't hesitate for a moment, throwing her limp body to the side and searching her pockets for her access badge.  Once found, I activated the door and stepped out into the hall.  The flashing red light made it difficult to see but I worked my way to the other cells in search of my team.  But looking through the dark revealed to me that every one of the cells was empty.  I stood, stunned for a moment and not knowing what to do.  I wasn't a leader, I was used to taking orders, and in that moment I was at a loss.

Wobbling down the hall in the opposite direction of where the guards ran, I found a door that led to another hallway.  It too was bathed in red pulsing light, but solid yellow floor lights led the way down a corridor to a room with multiple doors.  Choosing wasn't too hard, I just needed to keep moving.

The door I picked opened up into a dead end room.  I thought about turning back but a sharp pain in my belly forced me to my knees.  I crawled towards a chair that lay empty in front of a console and gingerly held my belly as I moaned in pain.  It passed eventually and I looked up through sweat soaked hair at the console infront.  

Recovering some energy, I passed my hands over the screens and began looking.  For what I didn't know, I just had to know something, anything about where I was.

I found some vision controls on the console and soft humming engaged. Right before me, long window shades peeled away to reveal a larger room below my location.  Inside was a series of containment tanks, some equipment I didn't recognize, and surgical tables.  Another door I hadn't seen before opened and led down a set of stairs into the laboratory.

Exit Koda [Part I] Lab110
Artist: Weapon X Concept 3 by SprayNation

The alarm light made everything red and I had to tread carefully so as not to trip over wires and furniture.   What drew my attention the most were the tanks.  As I inched closer I caught sight of what must have been human hybrids.  They looked to be full grown humans but had skin and physical structures that were undeniably Kanaaji.  The head was adorned with horn and tendril like formations that replaced hair.  I was inspecting them further when my eye was drawn to a tank in a small alcove just off the main room.  

Unlike the rest of the room, the alarm wasn't blaring inside so I tried the access card.  Much to my disappointment it didn't work, but I could see through the glass wall at the interior.  It was dark except for the green tinge from the solo tank in the room.  Inside was a large beast that like the others had both human and Kanaaji features from what I could tell.  I looked into it's face and wondered for my own fate.

Exit Koda [Part I] Lab_mo10
Artist: Unknown

The alarm seemed to dim with time as I stood there staring, my mind becoming more focused on the being in the tank.  It was almost as if I was entranced - either that or exhaustion had come over me.   My nose twitched then and I smelled a strange odour.  Around me there seemed to be a mist rising from the floor and when I looked back at the monster, my stomach took a sharp turn as it's eyes lay open staring right back at me.  A wave of nausea hit me suddenly and I stumbled backwards losing consciousness once again.

-----

I woke up with a start, expecting to be on the floor of the laboratory.  Instead I was laying on the cot in my cell.  Nurse Bitch came in as usual, announcing her desire to draw blood.

This time I was confused though.  "What happened? What was that alarm?"  I looked at her neck and face and saw no sign of bruising and her expression wasn't of someone who had just been assaulted.   Then I was really shocked.  My previously enormous belly was gone, none of the marks were found, not a scar in sight to suggest they had removed the baby.

I shifted uncomfortably on the cot and looked at the nurse, this time with less anger and a whole lot more fear.  "W-where's the baby?"

She looked at me and blinked in what looked like confusion, "what baby?"

"The baby you put it inside me!  It was growing and now, it's gone.  What's going on?"  I was relieved no doubt, but had trouble mapping out the sequence of events.  When I tried to remember, my head hurt.

She looked at me with a cocked eyebrow, as if I had made it all up.  I felt sick and tears stung my cheeks as I clearly remembered parts of what happened.  I know what I saw, I know what I felt.  

Or did I?  Come to think of it, I had no memory of the nurse directly acknowledging the pregnancy.  What if everything I had known was some hallucination?  Was it the drugs? Something in the air, something in the water!  Paranoia dug under my skin like millions of insects burrowing into me.

I was speechless.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:07 pm

I heard it once or twice and then it faded, blipping in and out like the nagging tap of a finger on my forehead.  My head ached, my muscles felt weak, my entire weight seemed to draw me further into the bed with every breath.  I let out a scream suddenly, pounding my fists against the glass wall behind me and then into the flesh of my own abdomen until I had nearly winded myself.  Every nerve in my body let out a blood curdling wail, I only felt agony.

"You're monsters you know that?"  I spit those words through sobbing gasps as I crawled onto my knees and pressed myself to the cell wall.  "You can't keep me in here like this, you can't play with me like a little lab rat I'm a fucking human!".  

None of my taunts were answered and my voice grew sore with every scream.  I just shook and emptied my eyes into the blankets.  Death would have been better than this.  Eventually I collapsed down onto my side and slept, relieved to be leaving the world even for just a few hours..

-----

Muffled voices broke my slumber, and then the sound and pressure of water all around me.  Before opening my eyes I moved my limbs and they met a fluid substance that engulfed every inch of my skin.  Floating, bobbing, weightless.  I felt small, with a large tube that pressed it's way down my throat.  It had me skewered from end to end.   Breathing was impossible, and then somehow it didn't matter and I didn't need to.  

Where was I?

I tried to move, but none of my limbs responded.  They felt strange, like my skin was too tight or not tight enough.  That sound, of the liquid in my ears, my eyes, inside my skin.  It was indivisible from me, cloying down my throat and consuming me completely.

There before me, I could see them somewhat leaning over their light screens and tapping away at buttons that floated in mid air.  Panels with different coloured lights flashed from all directions and as I opened my eyes wider, the whole world around me distorted and shifted so much I felt dizzy.

Then I moved but it wasn't me who had initiated this movement.  I struck outwards through the water hitting glass repeatedly with kicking legs.  But I had not thought to do this, I was out of control of myself.   My eyes shot open as I tried to gasp for breath, the entire feeling in my body was foreign and I began thinking that maybe they had drugged me again.  Thrashing and bucking my body I caught sight of my own hands, small, scaly and lifeless grey.  

Eyes peered at me from beyond the glass, distorted faces on the bodies of humans dressed in lab coats.  I could hear their mutters, their heart beats, even the tiniest of clicking when their fingernails hit their tablet screens.  My body was in the tank but my ears were outside in the large expanse of the room.  A filter of watery sounds glazed over everything but through it, the pinpoint of voices and bodily fluids was open to be heard.

Even their smells reached through the water at me.  Human stench, bile, perspiration, intestinal gas.  I felt my throat open and wretch, bubbles spurting out to cloud the vision in front of me.  I could hear a moan near by from inside the tank.  I attempted to turn my head to find the source but it only grew louder until everything began to shake violently.  A flood of emotion welled up inside the tank.  Kicking legs, a skyrocketing heart rate, tense muscles.  Alarm rose to a heightening pitch through the dark, so loud that all thought was interrupted and I felt the tremors of a spasm.  

I suddenly became aware of hundreds of needles closing in on me from every angle.  They pierced into my skin and immobilized my form until the loss of control of my limbs transformed into ice.  Even the eyes with which I saw through stopped moving around.  The last thing I saw was a cloud of blue that bled into the water and obstructed my view.

------------------

I awoke with a gasping start, flailing my limbs and crashing to the cell floor.  I must have been in water, for every inch of my skin was covered in a thick layer of moisture, at which I gingerly prodded with my fingers to determine whether I was still in a dream.

Sterile smells I had grown to know cornered me and I could sense their eyes peering at me from outside the cell.  Whispers of an argument outside caught my attention and I looked up through sleep hazed eyes at the two lab coat clad figures standing nearby.  One nodded their head repeatedly as the other made sharp gestures towards me in a heated debate.   Making out the words was difficult and a pulsing ache in my temples crippled me into a sweaty heap on the floor.  

The door slid open and I watched blankly as two pairs of dark boots surrounded and lifted me up by my arms.  They twisted my skin painfully but I didn't react, only laid dead weight in their grasp.  As I was dragged past the two scientists, I held my head up long enough to look into their eyes.  My gaze would have incinerated them had I such power.  Instead my look of contempt went unnoticed and I was carted off and swallowed into the darkness of a corridor.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:45 am

They had broken me.  

My limbs too heavy to fight, my mind too weak to resist.  Saliva dripped from my parted lips and sweat plastered hair to the side of my neck and face.  I might have been pale for I hadn't seen my own reflection let alone sunlight for so long.  

Their gloved fingers dug into my flesh as they dragged me and when I rolled my eyes upwards I saw the blue white glow of the containment cells fade and shrink.  Soon we turned a corner and I was left to stagger in place as they let go of my arms.  My knees wobbled but I turned around slowly in place, hearing my joints crack against the tension of my body.  

Before me was a cramped room filled with surgical tables along with scattered equipment on the floor.  The whole place felt filthy, everything but a few exceptions seemed to be covered in a thick layer of grime, as if the place hadn't been used in decades.  Connective wires lay dormant along the walls and some of the lights flickered as they died out.

Exit Koda [Part I] Lab211Lab Room Restricted Area Deus Ex 3 The Missing Link DLC Concept by Eric Gagnon

Without a word, I was led to one of the tables.  I was beyond fighting them at this point as it only resulted in pain.  All I could do at this point was just play along.  The table surface was surprisingly warm to the touch against my bare legs and two surgeons directed me to lay on my stomach with my head nestled in a hole at one end.

Shaking nervously, my gut performed backflips as they secured my wrists and ankles to the table.  I flinched and whimpered when they ripped my hospital gown open, exposing my back.  No matter how drugged and delirious they made me, I remained vigilant enough to learn more about this place.

I waited for my consciousness to fade, as they usually put me under for these procedures.  But this time I was left awake and with every passing moment the prospect of being conscious for surgery terrified me.  I whimpered and this time shook hard against my restraints.  Even my hips were held down to the table and when I showed them that I could move within them, they tightened the bonds until I felt blood pool in the ends of my fingers.

The clinks and clangs of surgical equipment made the hair on the back of my arms spike, and my heart pounded away in my rib cage.  
"Don't make me feel it, put me to sleep"  I mumbled, but the sound of my tiny voice was drowned out by the spinning of a high powered drill.  

"PUT ME TO SLEEP DAMNIT!"  

I screeched this time, panic pushing through my pores.  A needle jammed in the side of my neck and I yelped as the sensation of thick fluid forced it's way into my body and rendered me numb.  

But I was still awake.  Full body paralysis came over me as I lay helpless to their poking and prodding.  I couldn't even move my lips to speak, but I could still breathe, still swallow.

Then I felt a pressure at the top of my spine just under my skull, a pressure so intense that it felt like my head were going to split open.  No pain, but increasing pressure as the drill penetrated bone.

Splatters of blood were thrown in all directions on the floor in front of me and I could only widen my eyes in shock.  I was dizzy from the sight, but no matter how much I tried to look away, my eyes wouldn't even shut.

When the drilling stopped I felt trickles of warm blood run down my neck.  Still no pain but every change in temperature, every other sensation felt almost heightened.  Then a blue light lurked in my peripheral vision as it shone against the floor on it's way to the table.   The whole floor seemed to glow with it's colour and then I felt a throbbing heat on my back.  Something clicked into place and more drilling commenced.  

For the first time in forever the room went silent.  Not even the tapping of the surgeon's shoes could be heard, and in the distance I heard a faint mechanical whining that grew until it's sound was overwhelmingly loud and high pitched.  I felt my eyes strain harder as if they were being pushed right out of my skull and then the pitch grew so high it escaped my range of hearing.  

The room's dark tones lightened and the blue light encompassed everything in my vision until all I could see was an ocean of silver and ultramarine.  Sounds of connections being clicked into place faded and suddenly I was gone from the table, escaped from the facility, in an unknown void of vast nothingness.

As if speeding through hyperspace, my body was null and I only experienced the rush of an infinite cosmos.  I became a nebulous gas that dissipated and pulled my mind apart at the seams into billions of tiny little particles.  Those particles divided and dissolved even smaller and I could 'feel' myself in every one of them, travelling to every corner of the universe over and over again in fractions of a second.  And then time itself vanished and I was experiencing the immensity of what I recognized to be Eidos.  

Exit Koda [Part I] Carina10
Carina Nebula from Hubblesite

I was never born a channeler, but this must have been what they tapped into.   I was all powerful with such ease, but tranquility did not meet me there.  Darkness and separation greeted me within the light and the horrors of the laboratory started to bleed into my nebulous form.  Twisted faces and grasping hands shoved tools and wires through the space forcefully.  I cried out with my mind to fight them off and suddenly I was not so powerful but so dissipated and spread out that I was powerless to them.  They seemed to find me in every corner and there was a vulnerability to my state that traumatized my already fragile mind.  

Then in the midst of chaos I heard - no, felt a vibration like a pulsing beacon.  I traveled to it instantly, since I was everything in that moment and found another broken body that felt familiar to my human self.  Smells, tastes, sensations reverberated through space from this beacon and it cried out with the demanding voice of an infant.  

A heart, gleaming in the middle of space from the restrictive environment of Thion screamed for me.   I screamed back and we both chanted 'Help Me'.  Like two arms breaking through the nebula from opposite corners of the universe our hands stretched, betraying the laws of physics to find each other in the consuming dark.  

Our fingers came into contact and like a catastrophic big bang, the whole nebula exploded and imploded all at once.  As swiftly as I was dispersed before, I was sucked back to the surgical table, vertigo chomping at my insides as all my particles stitched back together into the puny representation of life called Koda.  Upon waking from my out of body travel I immediately seized, my body shaking in the restraints.   Images flashed so quickly across my vision that I thought I was going to die right there on that table.  

Visions of a fluid filled tank and a body inside beckoned me, kept me stuck in an endless loop.  The crying infant's voice continued until it's tone deepened and mimicked my own voice.  In it's adulthood the body in the tank shook just as I did, seizing on the ends of medical tubes that flapped about in the tank like limp tentacles.  

The last thing I remembered was a burst of light and the distinct sound of shattering glass.  Sounds of water roaring out of a wound in the tank flooded my mind just as the water flooded the floor of the laboratory.  Somewhere in the facility the tank had exploded and I saw the body within it yank at the tubing with urgency.  After that my exhausted mind fell into pitch silence.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Slow steady dripping filled the room with haunting echoes.  A nearby terminal beeped obnoxiously as the slimy water-like fluid of the tank pooled around the scientists' feet.   Splashing met the tinkle of glass as it showered down on the slumped over body inside the tank.   Jagged pieces rose from and framed the hole in the side of the tank like monster's teeth where a weakened humanoid body lay inside.

It had a female form, with thickened grey skin, jet black eyes, and an exposed neural circuitry that sprouted from its' back like tree roots breaching the earth.  Tubes and wires attached to her face and spine strung her like a puppet.

"What the hell happened?  Get the subject ready for transport before danger of contamination!"  Booted feet threw fluid in all directions, while a hand reached into the tank's mouth to check for a pulse.

"Pulse and breathing still present. Quickly! Get a stretcher.  Is the transition bed ready?"

"Yes, it's warming up as we speak."

"Good, now get that broken glass out of the way so we can pull it out."

A soft plastic sheet was laid across the opening to protect her body from punctures.  Once on the stretcher, the tubing was disconnected at it's root in the top of the tank until it flopped down.

The subject groaned inside the breathing mask, eyesight fuzzy and disoriented as the team of scientists and guards hauled her through a doorway.  Her hands twitched at her sides and her eyes lulled in different directions in an attempt to catch light in the darker atmosphere of the new room.  Tones of blue bathed the surfaces while smells of formaldehyde and chlorine stunk her sensitive nostrils and invaded her throat through the thick metal of the breathing mask.  

There was more.  Sweat off of the scientist's foreheads, the starchy scent of their clothing, even the must of their breath from lack of personal hygiene.  She dry heaved in the mask and was jerked into consciousness.  One eye open.  Now two.  The world was just as she had felt during her contact with Koda - a dark and lonely place even in the company of others.

"Easy now, get it into the shell"  A gasp and sigh followed by the hissing of air reconnected her breathing tube.  Following was a loud series of zips that snapped her nervous circuitry into the computer.

"Deliver the sleeping agent,  it's not even close to being ready."  

More blips and beeps from the activation console by her side engaged a sequence of fluids that pumped through the tubing into her body.  She resisted sleep however, and instead arched her back upwards awkwardly as she pounded her fists onto the shell bed beneath her.  

"What's wrong, why isn't the sleep working?  You gave it the wrong dose"

"No, I didn't!  The dose is the same."

"Then increase it!"

Another whining of machines and the green liquid flew through a tubing in her arm to knock her out cold.  But even this she resisted stubbornly.  

"Wait!  Look, it's bleeding."

"Fuck!  Lift the subject up, we need to isolate and clean that wound immediately before infection sets in."

Exit Koda [Part I] Troi310
Sam Denmark
A soft humming surrounded her and her body began to lift from the bed.  Blood flowed through her limbs down into her legs until it spilled from two wounds on her left leg.  A medic threw his hands in and sanitized her flesh before patching up the wound with a small electronic device.  

Meanwhile, the subject twitched and gagged on the invasive fluids pouring down into her stomach.   Images flashed before her pitch black eyes like lights reflecting off of the water of a pond in the dark.  She felt half in her body and half in Eidos.  In reaction to her reaching out into the netherworld, a stone attached to her exposed neural network began to pulse and glow.

"Why is the implant activating, we only just installed it.  Whatever, continue sedation."

The sounds of the room faded as the subject injected her mind into the vastness of space.  She immediately recognized the signature of Koda, a glowing tether of light that stretched through the cosmos indefinitely.   She zoomed through the stars, the nebulas, the supernovas of existence until she could narrow down onto the laboratory table where Koda lay unconscious, unresponsive, and clinging to life.  As if trying to wake her, the subject reached through and shook Koda.  But nothing worked.  

Suddenly a wave of emotion hit the subject like a train in the chest.  She was alone in the world, without anything or anyone.  The brief connection she had had with Koda comforted her in the scary confines of her womb, and now that she was born into the world, there was no holy mother to receive her.  Not understanding her own emotions, the subject cried out and a wave of panic snapped her back into the cold reality of the lab.

Her eyes shot open and although she had felt she was out of her body for only seconds, it was clear from her captors' slower relaxed movements that she was likely gone for longer than that.  She was still suspended in space above the table and a fuzzy auric sensation  washed over her entire body like the light caress of an ocean wave.  

The subject's heart raced as she became aware of her surroundings.  The change caught their attention and they all peered up at her naked body at once as she stared down at them with her eerie black eyes.  She felt their skin tighten in fear upon looking into her depths and this fear delighted her in that moment.  The sleep agent failed to keep her under and soon enough she was wide awake and her mind skipped rapidly in her skull.  

Exit Koda [Part I] Electr10
Artist Unknown
As one of the scientists reached down to activate a stronger dose of sleep, the subject reacted with urgency.  Her arms shot up from their limp hanging, grasped handfuls of as much tubing as she could hold at once and squeezed hard.  The neural network along her spine lit up erratically and bolts of electricity discharged in a gnarled pattern along the tubes.  In a split second the blaze of electrons coursed into the examination bed and short circuited the system.  The lights that had lit up the display collapsed and the entire system shut down, leaving them all in the pitch black.  Two scientists that had their hands on the machine were thrown back with a blast.  If the electrical pulse to their heart didn't kill them, the cracking of their spine and skull surely did.

Without the levitating effect of the bed, the subject crashed down into a pile of wires and tubes.  She yanked the ones in her arms out first and then took hold of the mask on her face and began pulling it off.  The tubing inside the mask had split off into two tubes, one down her esophagus and the other down her larynx.  Slime from her insides rushed into her lungs as she pulled the last of it's length from her mouth.  Her body collapsed onto the bed and she gasped for air as vomit and saliva poured from her face.  

The remaining scientists and guards started to recover from the impact of the electrical surge and flash lights projected through the dark onto her hunched form.  When they rose and stumbled towards her, she screamed in fright and another electrical pulse burst from her body out into the lab room.  Electrons fizzled in the air and left in their wake the singed bodies of the guards around her.

Exit Koda [Part I] Troiey10
silentium-v-amoris - Castleofrubys.tumblr.com
Emotion peaked and slammed her like a tsunami.  The death, their dying thoughts, she even felt how their consciousness tried to cling to the physical world before they were blown into Eidos by the forceful wind of her power.  Her throat was raw from the tubes, but she wept through the pain, black sticky tears flowing down her face and into her trembling claws.   There she rocked herself in the dark softly, feeling more alone than ever until a red pulsing light broke the silence of death and agony in the room.  

Like a passing mood, her trauma was over then and a flood of smells and emotions wafted through her senses from outside the room.  She could feel the other hybrid experiments in their tanks, waking up.  They called out to her in the dark, through the pulsing heart beat of the red alarm.  They wanted to be free, or so she interpreted.  

And Koda - stuck on that table like a helpless rat.  The subject felt an overwhelming urge to do something to save them all.   Then the panic of the other guards and scientists came into view and she saw their faces, smelled their stress hormones and sweat making their suits stick to their bodies in desperation.

She knew, intuitively that if the power was on, they had power over her.  A generator kicked in and lights started to flicker on but as soon as they had, the subject thrust her claws into a live console in the room and roared with her body straight into, sending sparks and jolts of electricity dancing amorphous around the room.  The lights went out again, but this time the dark was comforting.  

The door was pushed open and she stumbled past her old home - the tank.  Memories flashed in her mind of her captivity and anger swelled into her until it billowed smoke like through her system.  She led herself through another series of doorways and out into a long hallway with several glass rooms lining it.  As she passed, she saw other tanks filled with those she considered her brothers and sisters - those like her.  But they were different.  

Through the red light she could see the stronger ones escape from their tanks, spilling amniotic-esque fluid and blood on tables, chairs, and consoles.  Scientists and guards alike either ran from or threw themselves into the fray trying to control the beasts.  Some fell but most overpowered the humans with ease.  

Exit Koda [Part I] Deadsp10
Deadspace Concept Art
The subject heard the scientists' confused screams 'what did we do wrong'.  She thought 'everything'.  Her continued travel down the hall led her to an open area, were she saw people running in different directions, some noticing with contorted faces while others simply ran for their lives never looking back.  Guards zeroed in on her as electrical pulses from nearby experiments errupted in the dark.  They rose their weaponry to supress her but as they shot at her, she flung herself down and towards them, tumbling down onto her hands and feet before speeding in their direction.  Before they could fire a second series of shots she grabbed two rifles and delivered an electrical storm straight into their bodies.  The other guards pulled out from behind their falling comrades but they too fell as she leapt onto one of their chests and clawed off their helmets in haste.  Necks twisted and crunched as she tore through them.

She had exhibited her capabilities as a ruthless killer but as she performed her violence, tears streaked her face and splattered their faces.  Every minute was torture but this was life and death.  Every person she killed resulted in heart break that nearly broke her down into paralysis by the end of her kill spree.  Live wires flapped around the room as the experiments ripped the crew apart who tried to flee to their escape vessels.  She left them to it as she fled the scene.  Most of the smells in the place were now blood and burnt flesh, but through them like a shining light was the unmistakable scent of Koda.  

In no way did she know the twists and turns of the laboratory hallways, but after ducking and diving out of the way of guards and electrical bursts from enraged experiments, she found a way to the room where Koda was kept.  The peaceful quiet of the room served as a drastic contrast to the massacre outside of it.  The subject weaved through the tables towards her, red pulsing light dancing along Koda's skin as she approached.  Her quivering hand touched Koda's back where they had installed the blue glowing implant.  The subject reached back and touched her own in curious wonder.

Exit Koda [Part I] Troi510
Wen Juinn
Koda came to with a start, shrieking in fear and shaking against her restraints.  The subject, unable to say anything yanked the restraints open (now that they weren't electrically powered), and stepped back to let the woman find her bearings.  Like an intimidated child, the subject almost cowered as she gave Koda space who jerked herself up and righted herself into a seated position.  They met eyes through the red light and both of them froze.  Koda narrowed her eyes through the dark and looked upon the naked body of a person who looked human at first but, as she moved closer, was far from it.  Strange physical features came into view as she drew closer still but when Koda saw in this woman her own face, she stumbled backwards and screamed at the sight.  

It was her face alright but the grotesque physicality of a Kanaaji bled through, shaping her unnaturally.  Her body looked human enough, but Koda kept her distance.  Neither of them said anything for a long period of time, only staring at each other.  The disarray outside came closer and to this the subject whipped her neck in its direction, aware of what was coming their way.  She marched towards Koda, who backed herself into a table, and grasped her by the wrist in an attempt to pull her to a safer location.  The contact between them rendered paralyzed them momentarily as both were flooded with shared memories of the experiments, their contact in the cosmos, and the current genocide of the laboratory crew.  Koda slapped the side of her head with her hand trying to regain clarity but didn’t resist the subjects hold on her wrist.  She knew the subject and so she let her lead them both to safety.

The subject sprinted with Koda in tow, down the hallway she came and stopped several times to sniff the air and lean with her ear pressed into the wall.  Left, right, right again.  In the dark she found a small room filled with crates and floor to ceiling bulky equipment.  She and Koda pushed supplies to the side and walled themselves into a corner where they huddled together like scared rabbits, fearing for their lives.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jette

Jette

Character Sheet

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 4:54 am

Quiet voices seeped into the air thick with smoke and sweat that made it difficult to breathe.  Koda and the subject sat with their knees drawn up to their chests, huddled uncomfortably behind a wall of heavy crates.  A nearby hissing periodically interrupted the throbbing alarm as it cascaded red light over the entire laboratory.  

Koda sucked in a ragged breath and gingerly touched the implant sticking out of her spinal cord.  Trails of blood had painted black streaks down her shoulders and arms, showing the surgeons lack of care for her well-being.  Koda felt a pair of black eyes burning holes into her face.  They seemed to spin and draw her inwards endlessly with the force of a soul sucking void.  

The blaring alarm drowned out Koda's thoughts, though somehow the subject's voice broke through with clarity.  Her stomach was a mess of twisting knots fighting to come undone, wondering how they could possibly get out alive.

"Is it safe yet?"

"I don't know."

"Can you hear anything?"

"No, just the alarm."

Koda avoided looking at the subject.  Sight of her only made an ill sensation rise from her gut into her throat -threatening to empty her insides out onto the floor.  The subject only took her eyes off of Koda long enough to peer between the boxes, shifting her head from side to side.  Twice she leaned into the wall with both her hands and her ear.

Relaxation set in after what felt like hours as minutes ticked away like seconds.  Koda's muscles ached until she shifted to ease the pain, but the space they occupied only seemed to compress her the more she wished to be free of it.   A black substance lay splattered along the top of her bent knee and she pushed her fingers pushed through it before raising it to her nose and wrinkling her nostrils.  

Her face twisted in the dark and Koda closed her eyes to escape her companion's frightening features.  Seeing her own face on another was one thing, but to see it mutilated by Kanaaji genes disgusted her.  She felt pity for the poor thing, and thought quietly to herself that the subject was better off dead.

Being more in tuned to Koda's emotions than the woman realized made her wrench in pain at feeling the truth Koda carried.  She couldn't pin point exactly what the woman was thinking but felt her disgust as it filled the space between them.   The subject didn't think it necessary to hide her emotions so black slime tore down her cheeks from her eyes.  Koda didn't see her reaction and instead leaned her head back against the wall.  

Before she could close her eyes she felt the subject tense up violently as she grabbed her arm, having heard something beyond their crate fort.  The alarm had faded out of her conscious awareness - now part of the ambiance of the room.  But then she saw it, a large dark shape that swayed left to right through a revealing slit between two eye level crates.  Her back pressed into the wall as if trying to sink through it to escape whatever was coming nearer.  A dying scientist?  A dangerous experiment?  An exhausted guard?

Crates in front of them began to shift and open up awkwardly in different directions.  A sharp intake of breath caught in the back of Koda's throat, making her explod into coughs of which she could not suppress.  The noise erupted over the sound of the alarm and the crates were yanked out reactively to expose them.  

Koda gawked as she looked up into the piercing beady eyes of the enormous creature she had seen in the tank when she escaped her cell months before - now standing before her.  The subject rose along the wall slowly, speaking to the creature in strange words Koda didn't understand.  With nowhere to go, she feebly avoided a pair of clawed hands that reached down and clasped around her throat.

"No.. No.. NO!"  The subject groaned through her teeth as she watch the huge creature lift Koda up the wall.  

"Stop.. STOP you're hurting her, what are you doing!?  Please stop I don't want to have to hurt you!"  The subject clawed at his arms and hands, trying to free Koda from his grasp.  Koda's voice squeaked out in little gasps as she kicked with her legs and twisted her body in panic.

The thing was at least eight feet tall with blood red eyes and rubbery skin that pulled taut over a bulky muscular form.  It's roar was like that of a guttural drum rumbling through their chests.  It stood naked, dripping in amniotic fluid and adorned with limp black tubing that cascaded down its back like a plastic waterfall.

The subject beat on his arms uselessly, scratching at him with her nails and yanking on the tubing.  Black tears erupted from her face as she begged and screamed, climbing up his back to pull and twist on his neck with no effect.  Koda's cries and gasps intensified as the beast squeezed her neck with one hand while the other raked a set of claws across her face.  As the subject flailed her fists at him maniacally, he drove Koda repeatedly into the wall with his arms, rending her breathless until she swayed lifeless like a ragdoll.

"No!! You're killing her, you're killing her.  Stop it, STOP. PLEASE!"

She jumped down from his back and stumbled about the room, using her hands to transgress through the pulsing dark, to find anything to make him renounce his carnage on the human's delicate body.  When she looked back she witnessed in horror as the creature grabbed both of Koda's arms and pulled them clean off of her torso.  Blood gushed from the wounds and tendrils of muscle and tendons flopped about as she was dumped to the floor.  The subject screeched in such a way that made the beast pummel and claw at its own skull before whipping around to face the small black eyed girl across the room.  

It lumbered towards her one thundering step at a time, swinging its heavy arms from side to side.  Heart pounded loud, ears rung, and the pit of her stomach wrenched painfully.  In the midst of the chaos she collapsed limp to her knees in a pool of blood that flowed from Koda's cold body.  When she looked down into it, she caught the reflection of her face that only the light from the red alarm could offer.  Inside the darkness an energy quelled from the centre of her face as the beast approached with its claws rising up.

She lifted her face then and thrust her hands out towards him.  Like spears, the force of her arms projected energy out that knocked the beast up into the air and pinned him against the back wall.   Crates flew in all direction as his body crashed through them.  It roared as the subject rose and slid through the blood towards him, bending the wall with her mind until it closed in around his struggling arms.  Bones snapped as metal plates cut into his flesh and forced him further into the wall.  Long metallic rods from inside the wall bent and groaned as they drove out through his chest from within.  The last insufferable sounds from his mouth were futile attempts to draw breath.

This stabbing emotion in her heart was too much.  All of the death, all of the pain.  The grief she felt could never be described in simple human words, losing family she had only just met was overwhelming dread.  If she could not have stopped either of their deaths, what use was she?  What purpose did she serve?  She was just a mistake.

By now the blaring alarm had dimmed into the back of the subject's mind where it could no longer be heard.  Only the deafening sound of her racing heart and the swimming of her mind over the trauma she had just endured.  Her body broke into trembles and the aftermath of the energy rush encumbered her with  a dead weight sensation.

Physical pain from the exertion dawned on her, but more potent was the emotional pain over the death of Koda.  She stumbled to Koda's dismantled body as it lay in pieces.  Her face was unrecognizable - nose hanging by a thread, teeth half missing and a gash that slashed one of her eyes open in its socket.   She danced her fingertips along Koda's flesh through sobbing gulps and then finally pulled Koda's corpse into her arms and wept uncontrollably.  

Mother.  The word though foreign in its sound, was drenched in meaning.  Her fear of isolation had reached a peak as she held the only person she had felt any human connection with.  She no longer felt the comfortable bond they had shared for now it was but an empty cold space that surrounded her infinitely in all directions.  She was nothing, nobody, without even a name.  Koda had a name, she heard it several times in her mother's mind.  She still had so many questions and now they would never be answered.  Now she didn't even exist.

And the beast.  It wasn't just a mindless blood thirsty creature.  It was confused, terrified, angry.  She felt it's anguish, it's misunderstood power, and beneath it all a naive mind just like hers that only wanted to be loved.  That monster was her brother.  All of the experiments were her family and she could hear their death whispers in the dark one by one as they faded into nothingness.  Those that didn't die right away just meandered about the ship moaning and groaning like children lost from their homes.  None of them had chosen to exist, to be born as monsters.  

She empathized with them all, she felt the same loneliness, the same strange cold judgement of the scientists from inside those tanks.  That attention they received from the scientists was as close to love as they understood, but she knew she was different from them.  That because she had spent time inside of Koda's body there was a special kind of connection they shared that the others had no inkling of.  Knowing this only made her isolation worse.  With time, the heart beats of her kin slowed and petered off into the cold walls of the lab.  They could never survive outside of their tanks and every passing moment proved that.  

It didn't take long for her to feel them all pass into a dreamless sleep.  Eventually, she was left there.  

All alone.

Last edited by Jette on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morse

Exit Koda [Part I] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exit Koda [Part I]   Exit Koda [Part I] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Thread Reward
It was a privilege to read this thread! The descriptions of Koda's experience as a test subject and especially your relation of her despair was fantastic.

I especially loved Troi's waking up, and her experience as she stumbles into awareness.

Between the unsurpassed writing and excellent story, this was an excellent way to start off Axiom.

Koda
2 Agility
1 Combat
1 Technical

Stealth [Novice]

Jailbird Blues
Test Subject Extraordinaire
Mommy Dearest
Enter the Eidos
Dead is Dead is Dead

Troi
Combat 3