Axiom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. -MLK

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister

Cyrus Drake

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drake

Drake

Cyrus Drake Empty
PostSubject: Cyrus Drake   Cyrus Drake I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:54 am

Cyrus Drake 006300_Michael_Fassbender_003
"Sailors on a becalmed sea, we sense the stirring of a breeze."

Name: Cyrus "Nim" Drake
Race: Human, Eirenian
Concept: Explorer, Psychonaut
Motivation: Map of Existence

Appearance
Cyrus appears as a simple character with his beaten boots and worn clothing. He doesn't cut a particularly imposing figure at 5'8" and 185 pounds, while not being particularly muscled either. Icy blue eyes often stare uncannily, as if he's pondering something quite specific and a little too subtle. Cyrus does not have a naturally brown complexion, though he has slightly tanned from constant sun exposure. His hair is a dark brown and often kept a little too long and unkempt for most tastes, however when he eventually gets a haircut it's generally short.

Generally Cyrus wears durable and comfortable clothing suitable for travel and backpacking. He wears rugged hiking boots and tough jeans. A shirt and waterproof overcoat generally protect him from moisture, though he also carries a wide brimmed hat to wear in the rain.

Personality
Cyrus is a curious person. Driven by a near obsessive need to explore, he seeks out experiences that are novel at every turn. Whether it be exploring the mind with drugs like alcohol or exploring the world, it is a craving he seeks to fill. When he finds a new place he often maps it out, tucking the chart away in his personal archive. In this way he catalogs many of his experiences, each map is a memory.

Impulsive one moment yet careful and cautious the next, Cyrus' state can vary drastically depending on how prepared he feels for the situation. If someone catches Cyrus unawares, or he does not have a plan of action, he will approach with caution. Likewise, a prepared Cyrus is eager to test the mettle of his strategy. Though when his plans fail, he rarely allows the taste of defeat to linger. He is not the type to hold grudges or anger, usually allowing such negativity to slide off of him.

Harboring an aptitude for channeling since he was a young adult, Cyrus immediately grasped for the fruits of Eidos. Yet unlike many others he saw it less as something to be analyzed and appreciated, and more as a tool. In fact Lav has little concern for the well being of others, though he does not seem to wish them ill. Rather than cruel, he seems blithely unaware that others have emotions.

Cyrus' mannerisms are generally quite tampered with by his channeling and can range widely from one hour to the next. Generally when he has recently channeled he is more prone to depressions and manic energy bursts and mood swings. This is often reflected in his posture and temperament, Cyrus makes little effort to control any of his outbursts. However often times he'll go stretches without channeling, where his mind gets a rest from the strain and stabilizes. The most noticeable difference in is his calmer demeanor.

Attributes
Combat: 10
Intellect: 20
Agility: 20
Physical: 10
Technical: 25
Charisma: 30
Channeling: 45

Skills
Mentalism [Journeyman]
Communion [Journeyman]
Wayfaring [Novice]